Thursday, May 3, 2012

To Conform or Not to Conform, That is the question!

I've been a rhinoceros many times in my life and I'm not proud of it. The one time I truly do regret doing so however, happened during a fight with a friend. The group of friends I hang out with were having problems with another member, problems I was never there to witness, and without even talking to my friend I sided with the overall group because, that's what everyone was doing at the time. I let myself be influenced and conformed to their beliefs and ideas.


I would like to say I've been a Berenger may times in life but sadly it is not so. There have been a couple of instances and whenever they happen I am always happy. The most recent one I can remember also had something to do with a friend. He can be very overbearing sometimes and hard to deal with although he is not a bad person. Two of my friends had problems with him for whatever reason and whenever he wasn't there they would say things I considered judgmental. My other friends would stay quiet and let them rant but one day I got fed up with them and told them straight out that what they were doing was wrong and they should stop. I was really happy that time because, I didn't stay quiet and followed what I believed to be right!


No comments:

Post a Comment