Friday, April 13, 2012

It Rhymes!

After reading various of the other poems,
which I didn't like, I read "Prologue of
the Earthy Paradise" by William Morris and
instantly liked it for the sole reason that it rhymed.
Whenever I read a poem that rhymes I like it,
because I think it is very hard to rhyme certain words
and I feel that a poet who rhymes has put effort into his
writing and that endears the poet and the poem to me.
Upon further reading of the poem, I found I liked the images
it painted and the words it spoke. It is a sad, melancholic
poem singing of days gone, of troubles which weigh us down,
and of people who are gone and yet still remain with us. It
talks about the reality of life and does not try to paint a
picture of what life could be or what we want it to be, but
what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment